Cranberry-Almond Biscotti Recipe
Makes about 30 Cookies
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. vanilla or almond extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in the middle of the oven.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk together egg whites, eggs and vanilla or almond extract in a separate bowl.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, mixing just until moist.
- Add dried cranberries and almonds and mix thoroughly.
- On a floured surface, divide batter in half and pat each half into a log approximately
14-inches long and 1 ½-inches thick.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cool on a wire rack about 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Cut biscotti on the diagonal into ½-inch slices.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- Place cut biscotti upright on a cookie sheet, placing them about an inch apart.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool and store in a loosely covered container.